Welcome to my book blog!

I usually read books that pertain to the Supernatural/Paranormal genre. My blog will include books about vampires, witches, wolves, ghosts, and pretty much any other "not normal" thing. I just read for fun and thought this would be a great way to get my opinion on the so many books that I read, out there for everyone else to see! This is a very informal blog for me. Just my opinions and recommendations!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Winterborne Review


Title: Winterborne (Universe Unbound #1)


Author: Augusta Blythe


Publication Date: 4/24/2011


My Rating: ★★★★☆


Synopsis:


Sixteen-year old Mia Winterborne is destined to be special. Details are sketchy, though, as her dad disappeared with all the answers when she was five. Mia only knows that she’ll inherit her kickass superpowers on her seventeenth birthday. Helping Mia prepare for her anticipated ascendancy is Loie Bryce, her best friend and eternal sidekick extraordinaire. The girls’ intense friendship has never wavered until now, when Andreas arrives in Salcey Ridge. They both fall hard for the British hottie, who quickly becomes a fixture in their lives. When they discover that Andreas is not who he appears to be, the frightening reality of Mia’s powers finally hits home. The nearer Mia’s birthday draws, the more the danger escalates and long-buried lies are exposed, putting the girls on a path that they never expected.



Oh my gosh, such an amazing book! Defintely fast paced, read in one day, but it's one of those that you do not want to put down!

By reading the synopsis you think that the story will be from Mia's point of view but it's actually from Loie's and I defintely think that made the story. Poor Loie has lost both of her parents and her grandpa in a very short amount of time and has been mostly raised by her bitter grandma who seems like she couldn't care less about her until she forgets to clean the bath tub. She spends all of her extra time with her best friend and when I say best, I mean it. The were born the same day, same time, and in the very same room. Mia's father even named her because her mom thought she was a boy and her father couldn't make it to the birth. It's only later in the story that you realize why all of this is so relevent.

This is one of those books that I can hardly talk about with out leaking spoilers because it is that intense and fast paced. I have to admit that I figured out early on that something fishy was going on when Mia was trying to work with Loie on harnessing her powers, but there were many jaw dropping moments that I literally said "Oh my gosh" or laughed out loud and my husband just looked at me like I was crazy. I am so glad that I already have the second book to this and I am going to start right after this review! If you like mythical creatures with some mystery and love in the mix then this is just the book for you! I will definitely be reading this one again!

*A special thank you to the author for allowing me to read and review this book and sending me her second to read and review as well.*

No comments:

Post a Comment