Welcome to my book blog!

I usually read books that pertain to the Supernatural/Paranormal genre. My blog will include books about vampires, witches, wolves, ghosts, and pretty much any other "not normal" thing. I just read for fun and thought this would be a great way to get my opinion on the so many books that I read, out there for everyone else to see! This is a very informal blog for me. Just my opinions and recommendations!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ravenstoke Review


Title: Ravenstoke (Universe Unbound #2)


Author: Augusta Blythe


Publication Date: 12/4/2011


My Rating: ★★★★☆


Synopsis:


In Winterborne, Loie and Mia's seventeenth birthdays brought more drama and surprises than they ever expected. Now, in Ravenstoke, they are adjusting to the aftermath and struggling to keep those newfound powers in check. When Andreas is called away to England under mysterious circumstances, a new guy is sent to Salcey Ridge in his place. Cian is smarmy and cocksure and Loie wants nothing more than to unleash a hellhound on him. Unfortunately, Cian isn't the only complication in their lives as the girls must also contend with the reappearance of Mr. Winterborne himself and Loie's most dreaded fear of all - a part in the school musical. Can the girls survive the rest of junior year unscathed?



I'm pretty sure that I liked this book more than the first, if that's even possible! I love how fast paced the story was and this book is so much more intense and filled with so much emotion it just radiates from the pages!

I thought whenever Cian entered the picture that something was off, I just wasn't sure what. Boy was I in for a surprise though with Loie's father reappearing and taking her into Sanctuary. In this book you dig deeper into Loie as a person and how she feels and handles certain things. I love that this book expresses her individuality and portrays her as a heroine. The twist that I was left with made me pretty upset that I didn't already have the next book!

This is definitely one of those "never forgotten" series' and I will be adding it to my referral list on "Best Series'". I am so thankful that I got the chance to read and review this book!

*Special thank you to the Author for allowing me to read and review her book! I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next installment!*

No comments:

Post a Comment