Welcome to my book blog!

I usually read books that pertain to the Supernatural/Paranormal genre. My blog will include books about vampires, witches, wolves, ghosts, and pretty much any other "not normal" thing. I just read for fun and thought this would be a great way to get my opinion on the so many books that I read, out there for everyone else to see! This is a very informal blog for me. Just my opinions and recommendations!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Insurgent Review


Title: Insurgent (Divergent #2)


Author: Veronica Roth


Publish Date: 5/1/2012


My Rating: ★★★★★


Synopsis:

One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.




I haven't written a review about Divergent, this first book in this series, because I read it a long time ago and I can't remember much so I don't think it would be fair to write a half review because I can tell you, this series is AMAZING! So if you haven't read the first book, you may not want to read this review!

So after initiation and all the hell that went along with it Tris finally thinks she'll be able to relax a little. But she had no idea about all the things that were going to take place. Everyone must choose a side in this war between the factions, those who do not, end up with the factionless, and the Divergent are supposed to be sought out and killed. Tris and her boyfriend Four are two of those Divergent and end up having to run all over the place to avoid being killed.

This story is amazing. I can't even do it justice in a review, it's THAT good. This book is all about betrayal and will to survive, all while trying to save the ones you love and all that you hold dear. The world of all the factions is about to change drastically and Tris has to betray some people in order to gain knowledge about the "true" reason for the war.

The way this story ends is a wow of a cliff hanger. I was literally stunned by this book and I will be one of the first to buy the next one in this series. Divergent was amazing as well and I will read it again soon so I can write a review about it. Just know that this is a series you couldn't go wrong with. I think all kinds of people who love all different genres will find something to love about this series!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I still haven't read Insurgent. I think it's because I've heard about the cliffhanger, so I may wait until the last book releases so I won't have to wait to learn what happens next. I'm glad you enjoyed Insurgent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely thinking I possibly should've waited as well! It was such a great book!!

      Delete