Welcome to my book blog!

I usually read books that pertain to the Supernatural/Paranormal genre. My blog will include books about vampires, witches, wolves, ghosts, and pretty much any other "not normal" thing. I just read for fun and thought this would be a great way to get my opinion on the so many books that I read, out there for everyone else to see! This is a very informal blog for me. Just my opinions and recommendations!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Switched Review


Title: Switched (Trylle Trilogy #1)


Author: Amanda Hocking


Publish Date: 1/3/2012


My Rating: ★★★★★


Synopsis:


When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She’s not the person she’s always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes.

Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she’d ever admit. But it isn’t long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he’s come to take her home.

Now Wendy’s about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that’s both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she’s meant to become…



I can see why Amanda Hocking has made such a name for herself. This book was a wonderful read. I've never read another book quite like this one.

Finding out that you're really a troll and having to seperate from the only family you've ever known, I can only imagine how hard that must be. I love how Amanda made Wendy out to be a strong character most of the time but also gave her humanly qualities by making her seem just as vulnerable as any other teen girl.

It sucks to see that neither mother figure in her life is compassionate or caring, the one she was left with tried to kill her! But the story is very hard to put down. I figured things out on my own bit by bit way before they were actually revealed to the reader but I think most people who tend to overthink the books they read and try to become part of the world would do the same. But nevertheless, it was still an amazing book. The ending was awesome and I can't wait to read the second book to see where it goes from here!

My book had a special story, 71 pages, at the very end talking about the Vittra and the night they had tried to capture her and I'm thinking that it was meant to give the reader a glimpse as to what was in store for the next book! Pretty sure there will be a love triangle very shortly and I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment