Welcome to my book blog!

I usually read books that pertain to the Supernatural/Paranormal genre. My blog will include books about vampires, witches, wolves, ghosts, and pretty much any other "not normal" thing. I just read for fun and thought this would be a great way to get my opinion on the so many books that I read, out there for everyone else to see! This is a very informal blog for me. Just my opinions and recommendations!

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Goddess Test Review


Title: The Goddess Test


Author: Aimee Carter


Publication Date: 5/1/2011


My Rating: ★★★★★


Synopsis:


It's always been just Kate and her mom and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld—and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy—until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.





Wow, this another one of those books that I just could not put down! I love the modern twist on old Greek Mythology. I'm glad that the second book is due out next week but it's going to suck to have to wait another year for the third!
Everything about this book was amazing. The way things were described wasn't too much, or too little. Aimee Carter gave exactly what was needed to make you feel like you were right there alongside Kate going through all the same emotions as her.
I have to admit I figured out rather quickly what, or rather who, was the one wrecking all of Henry's chances and had killed the other girls, but it still made for an interesting story and finding out who the different charcters were at the end was the biggest surprise of all! I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
After this book I think I may try to read more stories with a mythological twist. The Goddess Test sold it for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment