Welcome to my book blog!

I usually read books that pertain to the Supernatural/Paranormal genre. My blog will include books about vampires, witches, wolves, ghosts, and pretty much any other "not normal" thing. I just read for fun and thought this would be a great way to get my opinion on the so many books that I read, out there for everyone else to see! This is a very informal blog for me. Just my opinions and recommendations!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goddess Interrupted Review


Title: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2)


Author: Aimee Carter


Publish Date: 3/27/2012


My Rating: ★★★★☆


Synopsis:
Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.
Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.Henry's first wife, Persephone.





In the first book Kate became an Immortal and it was all about her journey to becoming one. This book starts where the other left off by coming in after her 6 months of freedom and telling the story of everything that happens as she spends her first 6 months in the actual Underworld.

This was not as good of a story to me as the previous two, but the cliffhanger was something that makes me look forward to reading the next book in the series. It was difficult to read how Kate shifted from this confident, strong willed girl, into a self conscious,codependant one. No matter how hard she tries Henry won't show any affection and it seems that he couldn't care less whether she stays or goes. It just seemed to me like the entire first half of the book was Kate whining and being a brat. I had to stop reading at times and literally said to myself "What in the heck is your problem?! Suck it up!"

Once the story got about half way through it finally started to pick up and show the "never back down" Kate that I loved so much from book one and the novella. I was thankful for that.

The ending? Well that was most definitely an "OMG" cliffhanger. I couldn't believe the outcome. You never saw it coming. As much as I didn't like the beginning of the book, the middle and ending left me wanting more and wishing like heck that I already had the third book! :)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, that ending. Aimee Carter is trying to kill us from anticipation! I thought I was going to have a heart attack (I wasn't as torn up as when I read Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, though) but still. And, I completely agree with you about Kate, she wasn't at her best, I like strong independent female leads and she was definitely lacking.

    ReplyDelete