Welcome to my book blog!

I usually read books that pertain to the Supernatural/Paranormal genre. My blog will include books about vampires, witches, wolves, ghosts, and pretty much any other "not normal" thing. I just read for fun and thought this would be a great way to get my opinion on the so many books that I read, out there for everyone else to see! This is a very informal blog for me. Just my opinions and recommendations!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Goddess Hunt Review


Title: The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test #1.5)


Author: Aimee Carter


Publish Date: 3/1/2012


My Rating: ★★★★★


Synopsis:


A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades' wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....




Aimee Carter has done it yet again. I absolutely loved this book. It sucks that it was only a novella and not very long because I loved where the story was going!

Aimee portrayed Kate to be such a strong willed amazing woman in this book. Even though she is fairly new to this world she has been thrust into, she is already starting to change the way things are and how people percieve them. I love that she stands firm on what she believes in no matter who tries to change her mind. I feel like that is one of her best qualities!

I also loved how this book had both sides within the story. One chapter you read from Henry, Hades, point of view and the next you read from Kate's. I think it brought a deeper insight into Henry that I know everyone wanted and makes him a much more likeable character. I almost wish all the books were like this because it can get frustrating at times trying to figure out what is going on in that head of his! :)

I cant wait to read the next book in this series because it seems like they just keep getting better and better. I hope Kate continues to be charismatic and strong willed because it makes for a much more interesting ready, you can practically feel the tension radiating from the pages! I would have to say even for a novella, I may actually like this one better than the first book! But i'm not totally for sure, they're both just so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment