Welcome to my book blog!

I usually read books that pertain to the Supernatural/Paranormal genre. My blog will include books about vampires, witches, wolves, ghosts, and pretty much any other "not normal" thing. I just read for fun and thought this would be a great way to get my opinion on the so many books that I read, out there for everyone else to see! This is a very informal blog for me. Just my opinions and recommendations!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Title: Any Love But Mine

Author: Debbie Davies

Publication Date: 3/3/2012

My Rating: ★★★★☆

Synopsis:

Look but don't touch has never been more true... The gods forbade her to love, but love is a powerful force. Acacia has been created purely for Eros' pleasure but discovers within moments of being summoned into his presence that he has no interest in her whatsoever. Rejected, she is banished to Earth to serve as Eros' minion with the task of promoting the blissful state of love among all those around her, a state she must never indulge in with a human being herself on pain of immediate destruction. And then comes Josh, someone whose power of attraction over Acacia is so intense she will find it utterly impossible to resist him. But is he human? Is he a god? Or is he a trick of the gods? And what would happen should they kiss?

Wow, this is another reason why I am beginning to love the books on Greek Mythology, this book was such a great read! It started off fairly slow and drawn out giving descriptions on the surroundings, and I was a little worried that the book would continue in that way. But beiing the avid book reader I am, I just have to see it to the finish and I was pleasently surprised to find out that once it got past the first chapter or so, the book really picked up and it was great!

I fell in love with Acacia. She really stands up for what she believes in and I love those types of stories. Her romance with Josh was breath taking! I was literally holding my breath at different parts in the book just waiting for them to kiss. Their love is just so passionate and all consuming, it's amazing to read. I thought I had Josh figured out, as to what he was or where he came from, but I was completely wrong! I never even suspected what was actually going on!

The deal with Luca, I have to say, I thought he would come to love her, just with how he acted in their first encounter, and I'm excited to see what comes of their relationship in the next book.Forbidden love only makes it that much more enticing. :)

I never even imagined how the book would end. With that ending, it almost makes me mad that I don't already have the second book! :) Even though it started off slow, this book was an excellent read and very hard to put down when it starts to pick up! I would definitely read this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment